Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!
Each month we share with you a different technique, featuring Close To My Heart products. This month 18 of us are showcasing “Paste-fully Creative” projects.
This blog hop is one big circle, so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork. Just keep clicking the link in each post to go to the next page. The page just before me is Catherine Nowak so if you are coming from there, you are on the right track! From here you’ll visit Katy Taylor’s page. In case you get lost, you can get a complete list of participants at the bottom of this post.
This month we’re all talking about how to incorporate our new pastes and coordinating products to texturize your artwork. I’ve chosen to feature the Opaque Matte texture paste in my Christmas card. Before you take a look, bear in mind that I am a newbie (with a capital N) to the texture paste scene!
Before beginning to use the texture paste, I mixed 8 drops from our Gold Shimmer Brush into the water in one of our misting pens. After applying the texture paste to the stencil, but before removing the stencil from the card stock, I lightly sprayed over all of the stars. It’s really hard to get it to show up in the picture, but it’s quite lovely!
I discovered a few things:
- The card stock will warp a bit after applying the texture paste (even without spraying). Leaving it taped to the work surface until it dries, helps a bit. Once it was completely dry I adhered it to an extra piece of cardstock, using LOTS of adhesive.
- If you are using a stencil that has large open spaces, it’s better to use a longer palette knife. You can see on many of the stars that I did not get it even all the way across.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Before heading to the next page, I’d love to hear from you! You can leave a comment at the bottom of this post. After that, keep following the links in each post and check out what we have to share with you. I hope you enjoy your time with us, see some cool projects and get some terrific tips and ideas!
Now…go see what Katy Taylor has to share with you and happy crafting!
- Opaque Matte Texture Paste (Z4245)
- Palette Knives (Z4247)
- Gold Shimmer Brush (Z3316)
- Gold Glitter Paper (Z3238)
- White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack (X254)
- Sapphire Card Stock (X6021)
- Linen Card Stock (X6009)
- Wonder of the Season stamp set (B1632)
- Sapphire Exclusive Inks stamp pad (Z2848)
LIST OF PARTICIPANTS: