I thought you might be interested in checking out two of my upcoming events! Winter Card Buffet and Calendar Girls. For more information you can check out my Events Page at surescrapsalot.com/events or email to [email protected] Hope to see you there!
Winter Card Buffet
Date: November 12, 2016
Time: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Place: Sure Scraps a Lot studio, NW Calgary
At present, there are 6 newly designed Christmas cards. Here is a sampling:
There will also be at least 8 cards for a variety of occasions/holidays. For more details, you can head over to my events page, here. Registration is open until Wednesday, November 9, 2016.
Date: second Saturday of the month for four months, beginning December 10, 2016
Time: 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
Place: Sure Scraps a Lot Studio, NW Calgary
Here are photos of the header pages for March and April. They are sized for a 12 X 12 scrapbook layout. In addition you will be embellishing the actual calendar page, as well as a coordinating scrapbook page. At the end of four months, you will have 12 – 2 page layouts for the year!
For more details you can head over to my Events page, here. Registration is open until November 20, 2016.
As always, any questions or to register, you email to [email protected] or call 403-998-0526
Until next time
I am happy to reveal my 2015 Christmas Collection!
Inspiration came from a variety of places this year, including some of my Close To My Heart associates and Pinterest. Thanks to all for your creativity and willingness to share!!
Card #1 – In the Air There’s A Feeling of Christmas
– Inks: CTMH Ponderosa Pine (retired), Olive (retired), Cranberry
– Cardstock: Colonial White, Ponderosa Pine (retired), Kraft, patterned from American Crafts “Deck the Halls”
– Stamps: CTMH White Pines Scrapbooking WOTG
– Embellishments: Durables – Antiqued Gold
– Miscellaneous: Xmas Red Stickles, Wood Grain embossing folder, Cricut CTMH Artistry cartridge
Card #2 – Christmas Cheer
- Inks: CTMH – Cocoa, Black, Sunset, Honey, Canary, New England Ivy, Saddle SU – Cherry Cobbler
- Cardstock: Colonial White, B & T’s from Urban paper pack, black, wood grain paper from stash, watercolour
- Stamps: CTMH Holly Jolly Christmas, SU Festive Fireplace
- Embellishments: Bitty Opaques – Pearl (retired), bronze shimmer trim
- Miscellaneous: Aqua painter, Reverse corner rounder punch, Alcohol markers (Mahogany, Chestnut Brown), SU markers (Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler)
Card #3 – A Merry Christmas
- Inks: CTMH – Slate, Glacier, Whisper Archival Brilliance – Starlite Silver
- Cardstock: Daisy White, Glacier, Lagoon
- Stamps: SU – Sparkly Seasons, Bells & Boughs, Happy Holidays
- Embellishments: Bitty Opaques – Pearl (retired), silver ribbon
- Miscellaneous: embossing folder – confetti, Stella glitter brush – clear, alcohol markers – Black, Grass Green, Marigold, Aqua Mint, Ice Blue
Card #4 – Merry Christmas to You
- Inks: CTMH – Fern, Cranberry, Saffron
- Cardstock: Cranberry, Frosted White (from my stash)
- Stamps: CTMH – Festive Trees (Hostess Rewards)
- Embellishments: Red Shimmer Trim
- Miscellaneous: CTMH Cricut Cartridge – Art Philosophy
Card #5 – Merry Christmas
- Inks: CTMH – Fern, Eggplant
- Cardstock: Colonial White, Champagne, Eggplant, and B & T’s duo from Sangria paper pack, SU gold metallic, pink glitter pack
- Stamps: CTMH Doodled Designs & Hand-Lettered Christmas
- Embellishments: Purple Glitter Gems, Black Enamel Stars, Gold Chevron Washi tape
Alternate Card – Holiday Greetings
- Inks: CTMH – Black, Memento – Rich Cocoa
- Cardstock: Colonial White, Cranberry, patterned from American Crafts “Deck the Halls”, SU – Close To Cocoa (retired), “Express It” Blending Card
- Stamps: CTMH Miracle of Christmas
- Miscellaneous: Embossing Folders – Confetti Stars, Stripe, Black Journaling Pen, Alcohol Markers – Carmine, Cherry Pink, Vivid Green, Yellow Ochre, Brown Grey, Pearl White
Now that I’m back from my vacation at our trailer in BC, I thought it was time that I got back into the swing of things. You know, crafting wise. Looking around my craft area, which is still a bit of a mess from my “reorganizing”, I wasn’t really ready to start on a project from our new product. And since it was on the way out, I thought it was fitting that I put together the Pathfinding Workshop on the Go Cardmaking Kit. Once I started working on it, I realized this was the perfect project for my United Way donation!
Every fall, a company that my husband is involved with holds a United Way silent auction. Over the years, we have contributed a few different things. This year, I thought these cards would be perfect, especially if they had a little case in which to carry them! So I went looking for a template, and found one over at Papertrey Ink. It’s call a Captured Card Case, and it was designed by Lauren Meader. Very simple to put together, and lent itself very well to the embellishments that I chose!!
Here is the case closed. Sorry the photo is a little off kilter. I was in a hurry to get these photos uploaded! I basically duplicated the design of my favourite card of the set, with just a few, minor adjustments. It still seemed like it needed something, so I hunted through my stash of ribbon and found this little piece of brown, loopy velvet ribbon that was perfect. Yay!!
And here is the box opened, so you get a look at the beautiful cards (with envelopes) inside.And here are some shots where you can see all of the different cards that came in the WOTG and will be going into the case!
It was great fun!
Until next time
I know that I have not used this newest Close To My Heart Cricut cartridge nearly enough. I am hoping that this video will get me started with some great ideas!!!
The new Balloon Ride paper pack, in the Close To My Heart Spring/Summer 2014 catalogue, has to be one of my favourites! The soft palette of Cashmere, Saddle, Colonial White, Sorbet and Crystal Blue is a perfect match for the wistful Give a Lift D-sized stamp set of 9. Featured embellishments include the NEW Bronze Shimmer trim, and Metallic Neutral Baker’s Twine and the Balloon Ride Assortment. Additional colours used: Pacifica, Twilight, Sunset, Whisper and Pear. Here is my take on the card displayed in the catalogue on page 39.
If you love this colour palette, send me a comment and let me know!