Welcome to our August Blog Hop featuring artwork created using the CTMH’s “Craft On” collection. If you’re interested in purchasing any of the items seen in our blog hop today, contact your local consultant to place an order.
We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers….whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn …. by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you.
Now on to our hop! As this is a circular hop, if you’ve just hopped onto my blog, then you are starting in Alberta and will work your way out to B.C., then loop back to the East Coast. However, if you want to follow us across Canada, then you can start at the beginning by clicking here to go to Michelle’s page in Nova Scotia. If you came from Terry Ann’s page then you are in the right place!
Today, we are creating with Close To My Heart’s “Craft On” collection, which is the fourth and final collection in the Seasonal Expressions 2 Idea Book and catalogue! You can find the collection beginning on page 46.
This month, I am showing you a 12 x 12″ sampler that I created for one of my July paper crafting classes. I love it so much, that after the collection retires, I am going to hang it up in my studio! I ended up choosing a white frame, although some of the ladies chose black frames and that looked great as well. Just a few items that are noteworthy:
- The flowers were cut on the Cricut using Flower Market. I also cut the paint palette on the Cricut with a random image I found.
- The tools in the cup were coloured using my blending brush and stamp pads.
- The cup itself was stamped again on the patterned paper and then cut out and layered.
- I made up the pieces of washi tape using Craft On scraps and a pair of funky scissors.
- The spool of thread and needle were first stamped with Bluebird. Then I went over the needle with a silver gel pen. Then I went over the “wood” parts of the spool with my black journaling pen.
- I smudged the paint on the palette with a sponge dauber.
- I used white Tombow glue to assemble all the pieces, including the rubber shapes, and glue dots for the sequins.
- The Crafty Thin Cuts are so much fun to create!
Supplies used in this layout:
- X7245B Craft On paper pack
- X9005 Mix-in paper pack
- X5990 Carolina cardstock
- X6016 Pixie cardstock
- X5992 Candy Apple cardstock
- X5987 Bluebird cardstock
- X6028 Black cardstock
- X6027 White Daisy cardstock
- X6008 Lemon cardstock
- X6001 Emerald cardstock
- Z2805 Black stamp pad
- Z6508 Bluebird stamp pad
- X5992 Candy Apple stamp pad
- Z2806 Emerald stamp pad
- Z2808 Lemon stamp pad
- Z2831 Charcoal stamp pad
- Z891 Versamark ink pad
- Z2068 White Super Fine embossing powder
- C1780 Craft On – Cardmaking
- D1848 Craft On – Scrapbooking
- B1633 Craftermath (Retired)
- S1808 For the Love of Crafting (Retired)
- Z4057 Craft On Rubber Shapes
- Z4059 Crafty Loose Sequins
Thanks for hopping along with us! I hope we’ve inspired you to get creative using some of the designs, products and techniques featuring the Craft On collection. For more inspiration, please join us again next month when we will be featuring (for the first time) artwork from the CTMH September/October Supplemental catalog, using the “Every Little Thing” collection. Mark your calendars for September 10th so you can hop along with us again.
Until next time!